※Application has been closed.
Application Period: 1st – 31st October for both Art & Music
(For Music, Preliminary review is required. Please read the guideline on the bottom. Deadline for preliminary review: 30th September)
Non-degree research students
The non-degree research student system is for international students to acquire a bachelor’s degree or a diploma of equivalence. Though non-degree research students are exchange students without a recognized degree or university credits, they’re able to receive instruction for their work, performances, composition or research from the appropriate faculty members. They’re also able to attend lessons in Japanese free of charge in both the first and second semesters. Students in the Faculty of Fine Arts are able to use the studio spaces available and exhibit work in the university exhibition at the end of the school year, and students in the Faculty of Music can use the practice studios. Only students in the Faculty of Music can sit the entrance examination for the honka-ryugakusei (regular graduate students) which is for selecting non-degree research students to join the Master’s Course.
Non-degree research students are able to:
- Receive instruction in skills from faculty members.
- Use the studio spaces and practice studios.
- Use the library (and borrow books).
- Follow the honka-ryugakusei program and sit the entrance examination for the Master’s Course (only for students in the Faculty of Music).
- Take Japanese lessons offered for international students.
Non-degree research students are NOT able to:
- Attend regular course lessons. (With permission from faculty members, this is possible in some cases).
- Have their credits recognized.
- Obtain a degree. *The university is able to issue a Certificate of Enrollment or Certificate of Enrollment Period.
- Use the student discount systems offered by public transportation, including JR.
For more information, please refer to the following application guidelines.