Application Period for Non-Degree Research Student (2022 fall entrance)
Application Period: April 1st – 28th, 2022 for both the Graduate School of Arts and the Graduate School of Music
(For the Graduate School of Music, a preliminary review is required. Please read the guideline on the bottom. Deadline for the preliminary review: March 31st, 2022 )
Non-degree research students are able to:
- Receive instruction in practical skills from faculty members.
- Use the studio spaces and practice studios.
- Use the library (and borrow books).
- Follow the honka-ryugakusei program and sit the entrance examination for the Master’s Course (only for students in the Graduate School of Music).
- Take Japanese lessons offered for international students.
Non-degree research students are NOT able to:
- Attend regular course lessons. (With permission from faculty members, this is possible in some cases).
- Have their credits recognized.
- Obtain a degree. *The university is able to issue a Certificate of Enrollment or Certificate of Enrollment Period.
- Use the student discount systems offered by public transportation, including JR.
For more information, please refer to the following application guidelines.
(Graduate School of Arts: revised March 2022, Graduate School of Music: revised October 2020)